- 1 to 2 tablespoons corn or canola oil
- 2 large chicken breasts, skinned and boned, about 2 pounds
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 1 cup canned mild green chilies
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander seed
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ cup nonfat plain yogurt
- ½ cup low-fat ricotta
- 3 tablespons chopped fresh coriander
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (4 servings)
545 calories; 30 grams fat; 9 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 11 grams monounsaturated fat; 7 grams polyunsaturated fat; 10 grams carbohydrates; 1 gram dietary fiber; 5 grams sugars; 54 grams protein; 162 milligrams cholesterol; 240 milligrams sodium
- Heat oil in skillet large enough to hold chicken and sauce. Saute chicken until golden brown on both sides but do not cook through. Remove chicken and set aside.
- Saute onion and garlic in remaining oil until onion softens and begins to turn golden.
- Stir in stock, chilies, ground coriander and cumin and cook 1 or 2 minutes. Add chicken and spoon some sauce over; reduce heat, cover and cook about 10 minutes, until chicken is cooked through.
- In food processor or blender process yogurt and ricotta to smooth paste.
- When chicken is cooked, arrange on serving platter; spoon over sauce; top with ricotta-yogurt mixture and sprinkle with fresh coriander.