- 1 2-pound head cauliflower
- 1 cup milk
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (4 servings)
145 calories; 8 grams fat; 5 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 2 grams monounsaturated fat; 0 grams polyunsaturated fat; 14 grams carbohydrates; 4 grams dietary fiber; 7 grams sugars; 6 grams protein; 21 milligrams cholesterol; 95 milligrams sodium
4 – 6 servings
- Break cauliflower into florets. Add them to a kettle with cold water to cover. Add 1/4 cup milk. Add salt. Bring to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes, or until tender. Drain well.
- Put pieces, a few at a time, into the container of a food processor. Blend to a puree. Or put cauliflower through a food mill or ricer. Spoon puree into a saucepan. Heat remaining milk and add it to saucepan. Add butter, nutmeg and pepper. Blend well. Check for seasonings. Serve hot.