- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- ¾ cup plus 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 ½ ripe medium bananas broken into large chunks
- 1 cup unbleached flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup egg substitute
- 24 halves ripe pitted prune plums
- ½ lemon
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, or to taste
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (8 servings)
266 calories; 6 grams fat; 3 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 1 gram monounsaturated fat; 0 grams polyunsaturated fat; 53 grams carbohydrates; 2 grams dietary fiber; 27 grams sugars; 2 grams protein; 15 milligrams cholesterol; 57 milligrams sodium
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat the butter, 3/4 cup of the sugar and bananas with electric mixer until well blended. Beat in flour, baking powder and egg substitute until well blended.
- Spoon batter in 8- , 9- or 10-inch ungreased spring form. Arrange plum halves skin side down; sprinkle with 2 teaspoons of sugar — more if plums are very tart — a few squeezes of lemon juice and about 1 teaspoon cinnamon — more if you like cinnamon.
- Bake one hour, approximately. Remove and cool; refrigerate or freeze, if desired. Or cool to lukewarm and serve.
- To serve torte that was frozen, defrost and reheat briefly at 300 degrees.