- 36 firm but ripe cherry tomatoes, about an inch in diameter
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 ½ tablespoons bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons finely minced chives
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (10 servings)
95 calories; 9 grams fat; 0 grams saturated fat; 0 grams monounsaturated fat; 0 grams polyunsaturated fat; 3 grams carbohydrates; 0 grams dietary fiber; 1 gram sugars; 0 grams protein; 4 milligrams cholesterol; 77 milligrams sodium
36 hors d'oeuvres, 8 to 12 servings
- Preheat broiler to very hot. Set a rack on the closest position to the source of heat. Line a baking sheet or broiler pan with foil.
- Remove any stems from the cherry tomatoes. Turn them, stem-side down, on the prepared pan. Carefully slice off the top third of each tomato, reserving these pieces of another use.
- Combine the remaining ingredients. Cover the cut surface of each tomato with about a teaspoon of the mayonnaise mixture, mounding it slightly.
- Place the tomatoes under the broiler and broil for about a minute, until the topping is lightly browned. Arrange the tomatoes on a platter and serve.