- 1 ¼ pounds (about 1 1/2 pints) ripe strawberries
- ½ cup sugar
- 6 ounces white bread
- 1 cup sour cream (optional)
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (6 servings)
170 calories; 1 gram fat; 0 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 0 grams monounsaturated fat; 0 grams polyunsaturated fat; 37 grams carbohydrates; 3 grams dietary fiber; 22 grams sugars; 3 grams protein; 145 milligrams sodium
- Clean and hull the strawberries. Cut 12 of them into thin slices (about 1 1/4 cups), and mix with 2 tablespoons of the sugar. Set aside.
- Put the bread in the bowl of a food processor and process for a few seconds to make 2 cups of coarse fresh bread crumbs. Set aside.
- Put the remaining berries and the sugar in the processor bowl and process until smooth. Transfer to a bowl and lightly fold in the bread crumbs. Divide the pudding among six 1-cup containers and refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours or longer.
- To serve, spoon reserved berry slices onto six dessert dishes. Unmold pudding on top of the berries; serve with sour cream, if desired.
- FUTURE DRESSING: THE dressing for the warm vegetable salad can be doubled and the excess stored in a small jar. Put all the dressing ingredients in the jar and shake vigorously to mix. Refrigerate and use within a few weeks on green salads.