- 1 bunch broccoli, about 1 1/2 pounds
- Salt to taste
- 3 tablespoons butter
- ½ teaspoon finely minced garlic
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- ¼ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan chees
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (4 servings)
163 calories; 11 grams fat; 6 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 2 grams monounsaturated fat; 0 grams polyunsaturated fat; 11 grams carbohydrates; 4 grams dietary fiber; 2 grams sugars; 7 grams protein; 27 milligrams cholesterol; 155 milligrams sodium
- Trim and cut the broccoli into florets. If the stems are large, trim and cut them into large bite-size pieces. There should be about 6 cups.
- Put the broccoli pieces in a saucepan with water to cover and salt. Bring to a boil and simmer about 10 minutes or until tender but not mushy. Drain.
- Put the broccoli in a food processor and puree it. Or, preferably, put it in a conical food mill and press it through into a saucepan.
- Heat the puree gently while stirring in the butter, garlic, salt, pepper, nutmeg and cheese. When piping hot serve immediately.