Guy Fieri, long known to fans as the self-styled “Mayor of Flavortown,” will soon give viewers their first sustained look at the culinary universe he has been invoking for more than a decade.

On Jan. 29, Warner Bros. Discovery announced that “Flavortown Food Fight,” a new competition series hosted by Fieri, will premiere March 4 on Food Network and begin streaming the following day on HBO Max and Discovery+.

The series places three chefs in a multi-round cooking competition set in what the network calls “the tastiest town on earth,” a phrase Fieri, a longtime Sonoma County resident, first used on an early episode of his hit show “Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives.” In a statement announcing the series, Fieri said the concept had been years in the making.

“We’ve been building out this universe for years,” he said. “And I’m stoked to finally invite everybody in.”

Each episode opens with a skills challenge, followed by two rounds of cooking. The winner of the initial challenge earns first choice of which Flavortown restaurant to cook in. The restaurants range from street-food carts and neighborhood spots to fast-casual eateries and fine-dining establishments, with names inspired by moments from Fieri’s life and career.

Guy Fieri's 1968 Camaro makes an appearance on his new...

Guy Fieri’s 1968 Camaro makes an appearance on his new Food Network show, “Flavortown Food Fight,” premiering March 4, 2026. (Food Network)

Guy Fieri stands at the Flavortown mayor's podium in the...

Guy Fieri stands at the Flavortown mayor’s podium in the new Food Network competitive cooking show, “Flavortown Food Fight,” premiering March 4, 2026. (Food Network)

Guy Fieri stands at the Flavortown mayor's podium to introduce...

Guy Fieri stands at the Flavortown mayor’s podium to introduce his new Food Network competitive cooking show, “Flavortown Food Fight,” premiering March 4, 2026. (Food Network)

Show Caption

1 of 3

Guy Fieri’s 1968 Camaro makes an appearance on his new Food Network show, “Flavortown Food Fight,” premiering March 4, 2026. (Food Network)

Expand

In his role as mayor, Fieri introduces the episode’s theme and assigns menu-based challenges such as “Mexican Street Food” or “Five-Star Fine Dining.” Two guest judges select the winner, who can earn up to $20,000 per episode and returns the following week to compete against two new challengers, with no cap on consecutive wins.

The debut of “Flavortown Food Fight” follows closely on the return of Fieri’s established Food Network hit “Tournament of Champions,” which premieres its seventh season on March 1. The bracket-style competition, featuring head-to-head matchups among celebrity chefs, has been the network’s top-rated series for five consecutive years, according to Betsy Ayala, head of food content at Warner Bros. Discovery.

This season, contestants will again face the show’s signature randomizer — a spinning wheel that dictates ingredients, cooking styles and equipment — while also competing against four surprise “food world icons” whose identities will remain secret until they enter the arena. The winner receives a $150,000 cash prize.

Production on “Flavortown Food Fight” was temporarily halted last year after Fieri suffered a slip-and-fall accident on set, resulting in a quadriceps injury. In an interview with Fox News Digital in November, he said the injury required emergency surgery and left him in a wheelchair for eight weeks.

Dining and Cooking