- ⅔ cup sugar
- ⅔ cup dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons roughly chopped rosemary leaves
- 1 large bay leaf
- ½ teaspoon whole black peppercorns
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 8 large very ripe figs, halved
- 4 firm ripe pears, peeled, cored and cut into eighths lengthwise
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (4 servings)
358 calories; 0 grams fat; 0 grams saturated fat; 0 grams monounsaturated fat; 0 grams polyunsaturated fat; 88 grams carbohydrates; 9 grams dietary fiber; 73 grams sugars; 1 gram protein; 7 milligrams sodium
- Combine the sugar, wine, rosemary leaves, bay leaf, peppercorns and balsamic vinegar in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Lower the heat. Simmer for 10 minutes. Strain and refrigerate until chilled.
- Mascerate the figs in the chilled syrup for 1 hour before serving.
- To assemble, alternate the fig and pear slices on each of 4 chilled dessert plates. Drizzle 1 tablespoon of the rosemary syrup over the fruit and garnish with the sprigs of fresh mint. Serve with hazelnut biscotti (see recipe below).
1 hour 15 minutes