- ¼ cup plus 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound cherry tomatoes, stemmed (3 cups)
- ½ cup tightly packed basil leaves
- 2 medium-size cloves garlic, smashed and peeled
- 1 large pinch hot red pepper flakes
- 1 ½ teaspoons kosher salt
- 6 4-ounce cod or flounder fillets
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (6 servings)
197 calories; 11 grams fat; 1 gram saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 8 grams monounsaturated fat; 1 gram polyunsaturated fat; 3 grams carbohydrates; 1 gram dietary fiber; 2 grams sugars; 20 grams protein; 52 milligrams cholesterol; 709 milligrams sodium
- Place the 1/4 cup olive oil in a 13-by-9-by-2-inch oval dish. Cook, uncovered, at 100 percent power in a high-power oven for 2 minutes. Stir in tomatoes; cook for 8 minutes.
- Place the basil, garlic and remaining oil in a food processor. Process until finely chopped, stopping twice to scrape down the bowl.
- Remove the dish from oven. Stir in the basil mixture, pepper flakes and 1 teaspoon of the salt. Cook, uncovered, for 1 minute.
- Remove the dish from the oven. Place fish fillets over the tomato sauce. Sprinkle with pepper and the remaining salt. Cover tightly with microwave plastic wrap. Cook for 7 minutes. Then prick the plastic to release steam. Remove from the oven and uncover. Place each fillet on a plate, and spoon over some sauce.