- 2 cups whole or skim milk
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee
- 1 whole egg plus 2 egg yolks
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 7 ounces bittersweet chocolate, broken into a few pieces
- 1 ounce unsweetened (bitter) chocolate
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (6 servings)
271 calories; 12 grams fat; 7 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 4 grams monounsaturated fat; 0 grams polyunsaturated fat; 38 grams carbohydrates; 2 grams dietary fiber; 32 grams sugars; 5 grams protein; 55 milligrams cholesterol; 57 milligrams sodium
- Bring the milk and instant coffee to a boil in a saucepan.
- Meanwhile, place the egg, egg yolks and sugar in a bowl and mix well. Add the flour and mix it in well.
- Whisk about 1 cup of the hot milk and coffee into the egg mixture in the bowl and combine well. Then, pour the contents of the bowl into the saucepan and bring the mixture to a boil, stirring constantly with a whisk.
- Transfer the hot mixture to a bowl, add the chocolate pieces, and mix every 2 or 3 minutes, until the chocolate has melted and is mixed in well. Cool. Serve with cookies, if desired.