- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- ½ pound morel mushrooms, cut into 1-inch bands
- 2 quarts wild mushroom broth (see recipe above)
- ½ teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 pound soba (Japanese buckwheat noodles)
- ½ cup minced scallions
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (2 servings)
840 calories; 5 grams fat; 0 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 2 grams monounsaturated fat; 1 gram polyunsaturated fat; 179 grams carbohydrates; 4 grams dietary fiber; 2 grams sugars; 37 grams protein; 2042 milligrams sodium
Two main course servings or four first course servings
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large saute pan. Saute the morels over high heat until golden, about 3 to 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Pour the mushroom broth into a saucepan and simmer over medium heat until reduced by half, about 30 minutes.
- Add the soy sauce and the noodles, stir well and simmer until tender, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in morels. Ladle into four bowls and garnish with scallions.