- 2 butternut squash, peeled and chopped into large chunks
- 1 head garlic, tip cut off
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3 sage leaves
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (16 servings)
52 calories; 1 gram fat; 0 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 0 grams monounsaturated fat; 0 grams polyunsaturated fat; 11 grams carbohydrates; 1 gram dietary fiber; 1 gram sugars; 1 gram protein; 4 milligrams sodium
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Put the squash and garlic onto a baking sheet, and sprinkle with oil; then, roast for about 20 minutes, or until tender.
- Put the squash into a food processor. Squeeze the cloves of garlic out of their skins and into the processor. Add the sage, cumin and cayenne, and puree. Refrigerate, tightly covered. Serve at room temperature.