- 5 cups pumpkin or winter squash, peeled and cut in 1-inch cubes
- ⅔ cup raisins
- 1 cup light-brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- Pastry for a two-crust 9-inch pie
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (8 servings)
252 calories; 4 grams fat; 2 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 1 gram monounsaturated fat; 0 grams polyunsaturated fat; 53 grams carbohydrates; 5 grams dietary fiber; 39 grams sugars; 2 grams protein; 7 milligrams cholesterol; 26 milligrams sodium
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Combine the pumpkin, raisins, brown sugar, flour, lemon juice, ginger, nutmeg and cloves in a large bowl.
- Line a 9-inch pie pan with pastry for the bottom crust, fill with pie weights or dried beans and blind bake for 15 minutes. When crust is done blind-baking, spoon in the pumpkin mixture. Dot with the butter. Cover with the top crust, and seal and crimp the edges. Cut a few decorative slits in the top to allow steam to escape.
- Bake 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake until the crust is golden brown, about 40 minutes longer. Serve warm or cooled to room temperature.
- This pie is excellent served with Cheddar cheese on the side. Pies at the Eleventh Hour
1 hour 45 minutes