- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 14 scallions, white part finely chopped, green part thinly sliced; keep separate
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 pound raw shrimp, peeled, deveined and coarsely chopped
- 1 ounce dried shiitake mushrooms, soaked in hot water for 30 minutes, well drained, stemmed and coarsely chopped
- ½ cup chopped, peeled jicama or water chestnuts
- 4 small hot peppers, stemmed, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons minced basil
- 2 tablespoons minced mint
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 egg whites
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (2 servings)
385 calories; 6 grams fat; 0 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 3 grams monounsaturated fat; 1 gram polyunsaturated fat; 32 grams carbohydrates; 7 grams dietary fiber; 5 grams sugars; 53 grams protein; 365 milligrams cholesterol; 1200 milligrams sodium
- Heat the oil in a small nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the chopped white scallions and garlic and cook until soft, about 4 minutes.
- Set aside 40 of the green scallion slices. Place the scallion and garlic mixture with all ingredients except the flour and egg white in the work bowl of a food processor. Process until mixture forms a paste. Add the flour and egg. Process until combined.
- Form the mixture into balls, using a rounded tablespoon for each. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Reduce to a simmer. Add the dumplings, in batches if necessary. Cook until the dumplings rise to the top, about 2 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon.
- As soon as the dumplings are cooked, place a scallion slice on top. Secure with a toothpick.
About 20 minutes