- 2 eggs
- 1 4-ounce jar baby food prunes
- 1 cup (plus 2 teaspoons) sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch salt
- 12 Italian prune plums
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, or to taste
- Lemon juice
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (8 servings)
254 calories; 1 gram fat; 0 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 0 grams monounsaturated fat; 0 grams polyunsaturated fat; 59 grams carbohydrates; 1 gram dietary fiber; 30 grams sugars; 4 grams protein; 46 milligrams cholesterol; 101 milligrams sodium
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat eggs, prunes and 1 cup of the sugar until blended.
- Beat in flour, baking powder and pinch of salt. Spoon into ungreased 8-, 9- or 10-inch spring form.
- Split and pit the plums, and place them on batter, skin side down, in concentric circles.
- Sprinkle generously with the cinnamon, 2 teaspoons of sugar and a few squeezes of lemon juice.
- Bake for about 40 minutes, until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool to lukewarm before serving. Can be reheated.