- 1 pound shiitake mushrooms, coarsely chopped
- ½ head garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 1 pound fresh ripe tomatoes, quartered
- 8 stems fresh coriander
- 1 ½ quarts water
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- ¼ cup Madeira
- 1 cup mixed wild mushrooms, stemmed and thinly sliced
- 8 coriander leaves
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (4 servings)
99 calories; 0 grams fat; 0 grams saturated fat; 0 grams monounsaturated fat; 0 grams polyunsaturated fat; 19 grams carbohydrates; 5 grams dietary fiber; 7 grams sugars; 4 grams protein; 912 milligrams sodium
- Place the shiitakes, garlic, onion, tomatoes, coriander stems and water in a large pot. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 1 hour. Strain the broth through a fine sieve lined with cheesecloth. Cleanthe pot, add the broth and place over medium-high heat. Simmer rapidly until reduced to 2 cups, about 20 minutes. Strain again. Return the broth to the pot, season with 1 teaspoon salt and pepper and keep hot.
- Heat the Madeira in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the wild mushrooms and cook until softened, about 3 minutes. Season with the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper. Divide the mushrooms and the coriander leaves among 4 bowls. Ladle in the broth and serve immediately.
About 2 hours