- 4 cucumbers, peeled
- 1 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- 1 cup lump crab meat, picked over to remove any shell
- 1 teaspoon lemon-and-parsley oil (recipe above)
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (4 servings)
195 calories; 0 grams fat; 0 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 0 grams monounsaturated fat; 0 grams polyunsaturated fat; 37 grams carbohydrates; 1 gram dietary fiber; 5 grams sugars; 10 grams protein; 32 milligrams cholesterol; 777 milligrams sodium
- Cut the cucumbers in half lengthwise and scrape out the seeds. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of the salt and place on paper towels to drain for 1 hour. Press out any excess water, rinse to remove salt, pat dry and cut into medium dice.
- Place the rice in a bowl and toss with the cucumbers, crab meat, lemon-and-parsley oil, chives and salt and pepper to taste. Can be served cold or at room temperature.