- 1 pound tiny new potatoes or other, larger boiling potatoes
- 12 ounces whole red pepper or 11 ounces ready-cut peppers (2 1/2 to 3 cups)
- 3 ounces shallots (6 tablespoons minced)
- 1 small bunch tarragon, enough for 2 tablespoons minced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ⅓ cup nonfat plain yogurt
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (2 servings)
347 calories; 7 grams fat; 1 gram saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 5 grams monounsaturated fat; 1 gram polyunsaturated fat; 62 grams carbohydrates; 9 grams dietary fiber; 13 grams sugars; 10 grams protein; 0 milligrams cholesterol; 433 milligrams sodium
- Scrub potatoes. Cook tiny potatoes whole in water to cover. Cube large potatoes, and cook the same way. The whole potatoes will take 10 to 20 minutes, depending on size; the cubed potatoes 7 to 10 minutes.
- Wash, trim, seed and dice the red peppers; mince the shallots.
- Wash, dry and mince the tarragon.
- Whisk vinegar, oil and mustard; stir in yogurt, red pepper, shallots and tarragon.
- When potatoes are cooked, drain; dice whole potatoes, and add to salad. Season with salt and black pepper.