- 4 6-inch pieces lemon grass or 3 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 2 pounds shrimp, cooked, shelled and cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- ½ cup cilantro leaves, chopped
- 8 scallions (green part only), thinly sliced
- 2 jalapeno peppers, stemmed, seeded and minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 4 teaspoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 ½ cups fresh bread crumbs
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (4 servings)
511 calories; 7 grams fat; 1 gram saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 1 gram monounsaturated fat; 2 grams polyunsaturated fat; 52 grams carbohydrates; 4 grams dietary fiber; 5 grams sugars; 58 grams protein; 458 milligrams cholesterol; 1970 milligrams sodium
- If using lemon grass, remove outer 2 layers. Quarter the pieces lengthwise. Cut across in very thin slices.
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl. With slightly moistened hands, form the mixture into 12 cakes, each about 1/2 inch thick.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet lightly with oil. Heat over medium heat until hot. Add as many fish cakes as will fit comfortably in pan. Cook until nicely browned on both sides, about 3 minutes per side.