- Noodle dough made with 1 cup of flour (see recipe but divide ingredients in half)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon finely minced garlic
- ¼ pound twice-ground beef, preferably top round
- ¼ pound twice-ground lean veal
- Salt to taste, if desired
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Dash of Tabasco sauce
- 6 cups rich beef broth or consomme (see recipe), optional
- Melted butter, optional
- 1 cup sour cream
- ¼ cup prepared mustard
- ½ cup vinegar, such as malt vinegar
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (6 servings)
232 calories; 14 grams fat; 7 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 4 grams monounsaturated fat; 0 grams polyunsaturated fat; 10 grams carbohydrates; 0 grams dietary fiber; 3 grams sugars; 13 grams protein; 54 milligrams cholesterol; 690 milligrams sodium
About 48 pelmeni
- Prepare dough as directed.
- Heat tablespoon of butter in small skillet, add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring, until wilted and scrape into mixing bowl.
- Add ground beef and veal, salt, pepper and Tabasco sauce. Blend well by hand.
- Roll out dough and fill in desired fashion into 48 or more pelmeni.
- Drop pelmeni into rapidly boiling water and cook to desired degree of doneness, 5 minutes or longer.
- Serve pelmeni in soup bowls with hot consomme, or serve with melted butter with sour cream, mustard and vinegar on the side. The usual serving of pelmeni as a main course is 12 to 16.