- 1 medium eggplant, about 1 1/4 pounds
- 1 pound medium shrimps, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup diced seeded ripe tomato
- 2 tablespoons Thai fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste
- ⅓ cup fresh lime juice
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 1 small slender hot green chili, seeded and sliced thin
- 2 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallot
- ¼ cup chopped fresh coriander leaves
- Sprigs of fresh coriander for garnish
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (6 servings)
102 calories; 0 grams fat; 0 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 0 grams monounsaturated fat; 0 grams polyunsaturated fat; 9 grams carbohydrates; 3 grams dietary fiber; 4 grams sugars; 16 grams protein; 121 milligrams cholesterol; 568 milligrams sodium
- Preheat a grill, a nonstick griddle or a large nonstick skillet.
- Cut the stem off the eggplant, then slice the eggplant one-half-inch thick. Grill or sear the eggplant slices until they are nicely browned. Do not allow them to burn. Set them aside to cool slightly.
- While the eggplant is cooling, place the shrimps on skewers and sear them on the grill or, without the skewers, sear them until they begin to char around the edges on the griddle or in the skillet. Set them aside.
- Dice eggplant, place in bowl. Mix with tomato. Dice shrimp and add.
- Mix the fish sauce, anchovy paste, lime juice and sugar together. Pour over the eggplant mixture. Fold in the chili, garlic and shallot. Mix well. Add the coriander leaves and mix again. Serve garnished with sprigs of fresh coriander.