- 12 very fresh cherrystone clams
- 6 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 jalapeno peppers, stemmed, seeded and minced
- ½ medium red onion, peeled and diced small
- 1 ripe tomato, seeded and diced small, optional
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (4 servings)
55 calories; 0 grams fat; 0 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 0 grams monounsaturated fat; 0 grams polyunsaturated fat; 6 grams carbohydrates; 0 grams dietary fiber; 1 gram sugars; 6 grams protein; 13 milligrams cholesterol; 264 milligrams sodium
- Shuck clams into a bowl with their juice. Save 16 of the best half shells, scrape them clean and refrigerate. Remove the clams from their juice and check for shell fragments. Cut into small pieces and place in bowl. Strain half of the juice over the clams, discard the rest.
- Add lime juice, jalapenos, onion, tomato, if using, and cilantro. Season with black pepper. Refrigerate overnight. Spoon the ceviche into the clam shells and serve on crushed ice.