- 2 medium baking potatoes
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ⅓ cup plus 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled and diced
- 2 roasted red bell peppers, diced
- 2 cups cubed smoked turkey
- 1 ½ teaspoons kosher salt, plus more to taste
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (6 servings)
237 calories; 11 grams fat; 5 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 3 grams monounsaturated fat; 1 gram polyunsaturated fat; 17 grams carbohydrates; 1 gram dietary fiber; 2 grams sugars; 15 grams protein; 55 milligrams cholesterol; 729 milligrams sodium
- Boil potatoes whole until just tender. When cool, peel and cut into 3/4-inch dice. Set aside. Meanwhile, pulse cheese and cream in a food processor until smooth. Add 1/3 cup of basil and garlic and pulse to combine. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and saute until soft, about 5 minutes. Add the potatoes and cook 5 minutes. Stir in peppers and turkey. Stir in the goat cheese mixture, salt and pepper and cook for about 2 minutes. Cool. Garnish the baked pie with the remaining basil.