- 4 ounces whole red onion or 3 ounces chopped ready-cut onion (1 cup)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 jalapeno
- 2 ripe mangoes
- 1 15-ounce can no-salt-added black beans
- 1 teaspoon dried coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 nonfat whole-wheat flour tortillas
- 1 small bunch cilantro to yield 1/4 cup chopped
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (2 servings)
594 calories; 8 grams fat; 1 gram saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 4 grams monounsaturated fat; 1 gram polyunsaturated fat; 116 grams carbohydrates; 23 grams dietary fiber; 50 grams sugars; 20 grams protein; 667 milligrams sodium
- Turn toaster oven to 350 degrees.
- Chop whole onion.
- Heat nonstick pan until very hot. Reduce heat to medium-high and add oil. Saute onion until it begins to soften.
- Mince about half of the jalapeno; reserve the rest for the salmon recipe. Cut mangoes into bite-size pieces.
- Rinse beans, and drain. Stir beans, jalapeno and mangoes into onion, and reduce heat to low.
- Stir in coriander, cumin and vinegar.
- Wrap tortillas in aluminum foil, and place in toaster oven. Heat about 3 minutes.
- Wash, dry and chop cilantro. When bean mixture is heated through, remove from heat and stir in cilantro.
- Serve with salmon and tortillas, or roll up some of the bean mixture in a tortilla.