- 1 pound carrots, peeled and sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 1 ½ tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (4 servings)
72 calories; 2 grams fat; 0 grams saturated fat; 1 gram monounsaturated fat; 0 grams polyunsaturated fat; 12 grams carbohydrates; 3 grams dietary fiber; 6 grams sugars; 1 gram protein; 224 milligrams sodium
- Put the carrots in a saucepan with water to cover, bring to a boil and simmer about 15 minutes, until the carrots are tender but slightly firm. Drain the carrots and put in a bowl.
- Add the lemon juice and mix well. Combine the cumin, coriander, sugar and salt in a small dish, mix, then add to the carrots. Toss well. Season with pepper and fold in the olive oil and fresh coriander.
- Cover and allow to marinate at least six hours before serving.
- This salad can be made with grated raw carrots instead of cooked carrots. The dressing is the same.