- 12 medium-size ripe tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (6 servings)
92 calories; 4 grams fat; 0 grams saturated fat; 3 grams monounsaturated fat; 0 grams polyunsaturated fat; 11 grams carbohydrates; 2 grams dietary fiber; 8 grams sugars; 2 grams protein; 103 milligrams sodium
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Without coring, cut the tomatoes in half horizontally. Brush a sheet pan with the olive oil. Set the tomatoes on the pan skin side down
- Sprinkle the cut faces of the tomatoes with sugar, salt and pepper.
- Place the tomatoes in the oven, and bake for 3 1/2 to 4 hours, or until their skins are shriveled and the pulp appears somewhat dry. The tomatoes should have a jamlike consistency. Serve warm as a condiment for grilled meats.