- 2 fennel bulbs
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon Pernod
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (4 servings)
184 calories; 14 grams fat; 2 grams saturated fat; 10 grams monounsaturated fat; 1 gram polyunsaturated fat; 10 grams carbohydrates; 3 grams dietary fiber; 5 grams sugars; 2 grams protein; 1 milligram cholesterol; 147 milligrams sodium
- Trim fennel and chop the leaves; slice the fennel one-half inch thick. Wash.
- Place in skillet with hot oil and chicken broth. Add enough water to barely cover the fennel. Cook, uncovered over medium heat for 25 minutes, or until tender.
- Remove fennel and reduce any liquid left in the pan to a couple of tablespoons.
- Return fennel to pan; season with salt, pepper and Pernod.