- 2 pounds very fresh salmon fillet
- Juice of 2 limes (or to taste)
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped chives
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 16 thin strips of chive, about 14 inches long
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (8 servings)
332 calories; 25 grams fat; 4 grams saturated fat; 11 grams monounsaturated fat; 5 grams polyunsaturated fat; 2 grams carbohydrates; 0 grams dietary fiber; 0 grams sugars; 23 grams protein; 62 milligrams cholesterol; 67 milligrams sodium
- With a very sharp knife, cut the salmon into thin slices. Divide them among eight plates, without overlapping them.
- Combine the lime, olive oil and chives. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the dressing evenly over the salmon slices. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- About five minutes before serving, remove the salmon from the refrigerator. Put two strips of chives in a V shape onto each plate and serve.