- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 6 large garlic cloves, peeled and sliced thin
- 10 ounces fresh green tagliarini or fettuccine
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage leaves
- Pinch hot red pepper flakes
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (4 servings)
372 calories; 11 grams fat; 1 gram saturated fat; 7 grams monounsaturated fat; 1 gram polyunsaturated fat; 56 grams carbohydrates; 3 grams dietary fiber; 2 grams sugars; 10 grams protein; 0 milligrams cholesterol; 7 milligrams sodium
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- While the water is coming to a boil, heat two and a half tablespoons of the oil in a large, heavy skillet. Add the mushrooms and saute over high heat until they have wilted and have started to brown. Stir in the garlic and when it begins to color, reduce the heat to low.
- Add the pasta to the boiling water, stir in and cook it for two to three minutes. Drain it well, put it in a warm bowl and toss with the remaining half tablespoon of oil.
- Increase the heat under the skillet and stir in the sage and pepper flakes, season to taste with salt and pour over pasta. Toss well and serve with Parmesan cheese on side.