- 4 pounds fresh fava beans, shelled
- 4 plum tomatoes, diced
- ½ small red onion, peeled and diced small
- 1 medium jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 1 large clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 teaspoons red-wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (16 servings)
104 calories; 0 grams fat; 0 grams saturated fat; 0 grams monounsaturated fat; 0 grams polyunsaturated fat; 20 grams carbohydrates; 8 grams dietary fiber; 10 grams sugars; 9 grams protein; 174 milligrams sodium
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the fava beans and blanch until tender, about 3 to 4 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold running water. Slip the skins off and place beans in a medium-size bowl.
- Mix in the tomatoes, onion, jalapeño and garlic. Add the vinegar, salt and pepper and toss to combine. Let stand for 30 minutes. Use to top grilled chicken or swordfish.