- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons cracked black pepper
- 1 1 1/2-inch-thick tuna steak (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 3 large tomatoes, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 1 large onion, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 4 teaspoons chopped Italian parsley
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (2 servings)
482 calories; 4 grams fat; 1 gram saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 2 grams monounsaturated fat; 1 gram polyunsaturated fat; 21 grams carbohydrates; 5 grams dietary fiber; 11 grams sugars; 86 grams protein; 132 milligrams cholesterol; 2497 milligrams sodium
Topping for four pizzas
- In a shallow dish combine the lemon juice, olive oil, 1 teaspoon of salt and pepper. Add the tuna and coat well. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Remove the tuna from the marinade and grill over white coals with the tomato and onion slices. Grill the tuna until browned on the outside but still pink in the center, about 5 minutes per side. Grill the tomato and onion slices until lightly charred, about 5 minutes per side.
- Cut the tuna in half lengthwise and then across into thin slices. Quarter the tomato slices and cut the onion slices into large dice.
- When ready to assemble, divide the tomatoes and onions among the pizzas. Top with the tuna slices and season with the remaining salt and pepper. Sprinkle with parsley and serve. Use on rosemary-olive crust.