- 4 medium beets
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ½ cup olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 3 ears of corn, blanched and scraped off the cob
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 tablespoon chervil leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon leaves
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (4 servings)
376 calories; 28 grams fat; 3 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 19 grams monounsaturated fat; 3 grams polyunsaturated fat; 31 grams carbohydrates; 4 grams dietary fiber; 9 grams sugars; 5 grams protein; 57 milligrams sodium
4 to 6 servings
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Put the beets in the oven on a rack and bake for an hour and a half, or until tender when pierced with a fork. When the beets are cool enough to handle, slice them into half-inch pieces and put them in a bowl.
- Combine the mustard, vinegar, oil, salt and pepper. Arrange alternating rows of diced beets, corn and tomatoes on a rectangular serving plate.
- Sprinkle the dressing on the vegetables. Sprinkle chervil on the beets and tarragon on the tomatoes. Season the corn with extra pepper. Serve at room temperature.