- 2 tablespoons butter
- ¾ cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon finely minced garlic
- ½ pound Stilton cheese, crumbled
- ½ pound Cheddar cheese, crumbled
- ⅓ cup flour
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ⅓ cup dry white wine
- Salt, if desired
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (8 servings)
404 calories; 32 grams fat; 19 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 9 grams monounsaturated fat; 1 gram polyunsaturated fat; 10 grams carbohydrates; 0 grams dietary fiber; 3 grams sugars; 16 grams protein; 101 milligrams cholesterol; 648 milligrams sodium
- Heat the butter in a saucepan and add the onion and garlic. Cook, stirring, until wilted.
- Add the cheeses and sprinkle with flour, stirring. Cook, stirring, about two minutes and remove from the heat.
- Gradually add the chicken broth, cream and wine. Add salt and pepper to taste and the bay leaf. Bring to the boil slowly. Let simmer five to 10 minutes. Remove the bay leaf. If desired, thin with a little milk. This soup may be reheated and thinned if desired.
About 20 minutes