- 1 tablespoon dried whole Schisandra berries
- 4 sticks Chinese licorice, cut into 4 pieces
- 1 3-inch piece fresh ginger, coarsely chopped
- Honey to taste
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (2 servings)
50 calories; 0 grams fat; 0 grams saturated fat; 0 grams monounsaturated fat; 0 grams polyunsaturated fat; 11 grams carbohydrates; 0 grams dietary fiber; 5 grams sugars; 0 grams protein; 35 milligrams sodium
Two and one-half cups
- Grind the Schisandra berries in a spice mill to a fine powder. Combine the powder in a saucepan with the licorice, ginger and 5 cups water. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Uncover the pan, reduce the heat to medium low and let the tea simmer for 20 minutes. Do not cook any longer, as the tea will become unbearably bitter. Strain through a fine sieve, add honey to taste and serve.