- 4 teaspoons fennel seeds
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed and peeled
- 6 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 4 cups Kalamata (preferred) or Gaeta olives
- 8 strips of orange peel, white pith removed, about 1/2 inch wide and 3 1/2 inches long
- 6 strips lemon peel, white pith removed, about 1/2 inch wide and 3 1/2 inches long
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (2 servings)
397 calories; 26 grams fat; 3 grams saturated fat; 19 grams monounsaturated fat; 2 grams polyunsaturated fat; 44 grams carbohydrates; 11 grams dietary fiber; 21 grams sugars; 3 grams protein; 1771 milligrams sodium
- Puree fennel seeds, garlic, orange juice and vinegar in a blender, or with a mortar and pestle, until a liquid paste is formed. This will take 2 or 3 minutes in the blender, and twice as long with a pestle.
- With a rubber spatula, scrape every bit of the fennel mixture onto the olives. Stir orange peel, lemon peel and honey into the olives.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 24 hours, stirring or shaking occasionally.