- 2 cooked 1-pound lobsters
- 6 cups light cream
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 ½ cups fresh corn kernels (from about 3 ears)
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and finely diced
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (6 servings)
949 calories; 78 grams fat; 48 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 23 grams monounsaturated fat; 2 grams polyunsaturated fat; 42 grams carbohydrates; 4 grams dietary fiber; 10 grams sugars; 21 grams protein; 371 milligrams cholesterol; 585 milligrams sodium
- Remove the lobster meat from the shells, and cut into 1-inch pieces. Set aside. Put the shells and bodies in a large saucepan.
- Gradually stir some of the cream into the cornstarch until the cornstarch is smoothly dissolved. Add the dissolved cornstarch and remaining cream to the saucepan with the shells. Bring to a boil, lower the heat and simmer 6 to 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a large saucepan over low heat. Add corn, potatoes and onions, and cook, stirring, 2 to 3 minutes. Strain hot cream mixture into saucepan with corn; continue to simmer 5 minutes or so, until potatoes are tender.
- Add the lobster meat, and season to taste with cayenne pepper, salt and black pepper. Simmer for another minute; serve.