- 2 pounds boneless leg of lamb, cut into 2-inch cubes
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon thyme leaves
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 2 red peppers, cut into wedges
For the sauce:
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (or more to taste)
- ½ cup fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Sprigs of fresh coriander for garnishing
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (4 servings)
679 calories; 49 grams fat; 17 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 23 grams monounsaturated fat; 4 grams polyunsaturated fat; 11 grams carbohydrates; 2 grams dietary fiber; 7 grams sugars; 45 grams protein; 164 milligrams cholesterol; 258 milligrams sodium
4 to 6 servings
- Marinate lamb cubes in mixture of olive oil, garlic, yogurt, soy sauce, mustard and thyme with pepper to taste for at least two hours, but preferably overnight.
- Thread lamb on skewers, alternating with pieces of onion and peppers.
- Combine yogurt, garlic, lemon juice and coriander leaves and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Preheat grill or broiler. Grill lamb for five to seven minutes, turning once for medium rare; cook longer if you want it more well done. Garnish plates with coriander sprigs. Serve sauce separately in a small bowl.