- 8 slices (about 3/4-inch thick) good, crusty bread
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and halved
- 8 ounces Gorgonzola cheese
- 2 ripe peaches
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (4 servings)
436 calories; 23 grams fat; 11 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 8 grams monounsaturated fat; 1 gram polyunsaturated fat; 37 grams carbohydrates; 3 grams dietary fiber; 10 grams sugars; 19 grams protein; 42 milligrams cholesterol; 944 milligrams sodium
- Preheat the broiler. Brush both sides of the bread with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and lay on a baking sheet. Broil until lightly browned, about 1 minute a side. While the bread is still hot, gently rub both sides with the garlic. Spread the cheese evenly over each slice.
- Peel the peaches and split each in half vertically, gently twisting the halves in opposite directions to separate them from the pit. Lay each half cut side down and slice into 1/4-inch slices. Divide each half in half again and fan the slices over the cheese. Drizzle with remaining olive oil and rebroil until peaches are soft and hot, about 1 to 2 minutes. Serve immediately.