- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 12 cloves garlic, smashed
- ¼ cup coriander seeds, cracked
- 1 dried red chili pepper, crushed
- 2 bunches (about 2 pounds) broccoli rabe, well rinsed, tough stems removed
- 4 baking potatoes, peeled and cut into one-sixth-inch disks
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more to taste
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (4 servings)
736 calories; 57 grams fat; 3 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 40 grams monounsaturated fat; 9 grams polyunsaturated fat; 51 grams carbohydrates; 11 grams dietary fiber; 2 grams sugars; 13 grams protein; 670 milligrams sodium
- In a small saucepan set over medium heat, combine the vegetable oil, garlic, coriander seeds and chili pepper and cook for 3 minutes. Set aside to cool. Strain the oil, discarding the solids.
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees. Coarsely chop the rabe and place it in a very large roasting pan. Add the potatoes, salt and 1/3 cup of the cooled oil and toss until combined. Bake for 7 minutes; lower the heat to 400 degrees, toss the mixture to prevent burning and continue to bake until the potatoes are very tender, about 40 to 45 minutes, tossing the mixture every 10 minutes. Season to taste with salt and serve.