- 2 teaspoons coriander seeds
- ½ cup sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon almond extract
- 4 teaspoons fresh coriander, minced, plus a few sprigs left whole for garnish
- 4 cups Juan Canary melon chunks
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (4 servings)
153 calories; 0 grams fat; 0 grams saturated fat; 0 grams monounsaturated fat; 0 grams polyunsaturated fat; 38 grams carbohydrates; 1 gram dietary fiber; 37 grams sugars; 1 gram protein; 26 milligrams sodium
- Crack the coriander seeds by pressing on them with the bottom of a cast-iron skillet. In a small bowl, combine the sugar, almond extract, the fresh coriander and the seeds. Add the melon and stir thoroughly. Macerate for 1 hour, refrigerated.
- Pass the melon and juice through a food mill, or puree in a food processor and then pass through a mesh sieve. Discard the solids.
- Add the remaining teaspoon of minced coriander to the liquid and stir. Pour the liquid into 2 pie dishes and place in the freezer for 4 hours. Using a fork, scrape the ice out of the pan, mashing large chunks as necessary. Mound a spoonful on each of 4 plates, garnish with a leaf or two of coriander and serve.
5 hours 20 minutes