- 2 cups coarsely grated buttercup or kabocha squash
- ⅓ cup maple syrup or honey
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon minced crystallized ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground allspice
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 partially baked 9-inch tart shell
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (4 servings)
422 calories; 20 grams fat; 6 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 7 grams monounsaturated fat; 4 grams polyunsaturated fat; 57 grams carbohydrates; 2 grams dietary fiber; 29 grams sugars; 5 grams protein; 120 milligrams cholesterol; 402 milligrams sodium
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine squash, maple syrup or honey, cream, cranberries, ginger, allspice, cloves and salt. Mix thoroughly. Taste, and adjust seasoning, adding more spice if you like. Add eggs, and mix well again so ingredients are completely combined. Pour into prepared tart shell. Set pan on baking sheet on shelf in lower third of oven.
- Bake 50 to 55 minutes, until filling is fully set. Cool completely before cutting.