- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 4 to 6 anchovy fillets, with some of their oil
- 1 28-ounce can tomatoes, crushed or chopped and drained of their juice
- Salt and fresh-ground black pepper
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (4 servings)
103 calories; 7 grams fat; 1 gram saturated fat; 5 grams monounsaturated fat; 1 gram polyunsaturated fat; 7 grams carbohydrates; 3 grams dietary fiber; 5 grams sugars; 3 grams protein; 4 milligrams cholesterol; 411 milligrams sodium
enough for 1 pound of pasta, about 4 servings
- Put the olive oil in a deep skillet, and turn the heat to medium. A minute later, add the garlic and the anchovies, and stir. When the garlic sizzles and the anchovies break up, add the tomatoes.
- Turn heat to medium-high, and bring to a boil. Cook, stirring occasionally, until mixture becomes saucy, about 15 minutes. Season to taste, and serve with spaghetti or other long pasta. Grated pecorino Romano cheese goes well with this sauce.