- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 4 or 5 ounces onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 jalapeno, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
- 3 ounces prosciutto, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 heaping cup red lentils
- Salt to taste
- 1 ½ pounds linguine
- 1 red onion, chopped
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (6 servings)
626 calories; 7 grams fat; 1 gram saturated fat; 4 grams monounsaturated fat; 1 gram polyunsaturated fat; 110 grams carbohydrates; 8 grams dietary fiber; 6 grams sugars; 27 grams protein; 9 milligrams cholesterol; 402 milligrams sodium
- Saute celery, carrot, onion, garlic, jalapeno, pepper flakes and prosciutto in the oil in a large, deep skillet for about 10 minutes, until very soft and fragrant.
- Add lentils and 5 cups water, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and boil gently until lentils are soft but not mushy, about 10 minutes. Season with salt.
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain, and add to the lentil mixture; toss well. Serve topped with chopped red onion.