- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 ½ teaspoons cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons Wondra flour
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 10 ounces grated extra sharp Cheddar
- 1 green chili, minced, with seeds
- 1 teaspoon Aleppo pepper
- Salt and fresh black pepper, to taste
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (4 servings)
487 calories; 42 grams fat; 23 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 12 grams monounsaturated fat; 2 grams polyunsaturated fat; 7 grams carbohydrates; 0 grams dietary fiber; 2 grams sugars; 19 grams protein; 121 milligrams cholesterol; 502 milligrams sodium
- In a heavy saucepan, heat oil and cumin until fragrant. Add butter and heat until melted, then stir in flour. Cook, whisking, until thickened. Slowly add milk and cream, whisking constantly until smooth, and bring to a boil. Slowly whisk in cheese, then chili and Aleppo pepper. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with flatbread or croutons.