- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons almond flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 12 tablespoons softened unsalted butter
- ¼ ripe pineapple, peeled and finely diced
- 2 ½ ripe mangoes, peeled, 1 finely diced, 1 1/2 sliced
- 2 bananas, peeled and thinly sliced
- Granulated sugar to taste
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (6 servings)
654 calories; 34 grams fat; 14 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 6 grams monounsaturated fat; 1 gram polyunsaturated fat; 81 grams carbohydrates; 6 grams dietary fiber; 42 grams sugars; 10 grams protein; 61 milligrams cholesterol; 103 milligrams sodium
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Combine the flour, sugar, almond flour and salt. Separately cream 7 tablespoons of the butter and slowly blend in the flour mixture until the texture is sandy. Spread on a large sheet pan and bake until golden at the edges, about 10 minutes. Cool.
- Transfer the mixture to a food processor and process until it resembles coarse sand. Add the remaining 5 tablespoons of butter, pulsing until combined. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and divide mixture among 6 4-inch bottomless pastry rings, packing it firmly in. Bake until just browned, about 10 minutes. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, combine the pineapple, diced mango and 1/2cup water in a saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the fruit softens and the water evaporates, about 15 minutes. Add the bananas and cook 3 minutes more. Taste, adding a few teaspoons of sugar if desired. Set aside to cool.
- Remove the rings from the cooled tart shells. Divide the cooked fruit among the tarts, spread gently and top each with mango slices. Using a spatula, carefully transfer tarts to plates. Serve with ice cream.
1 hour 15 minutes