- 1 pound sea scallops, preferably diver
- 3 ripe plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ⅓ cup minced red onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced, or to taste
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded, deveined and finely chopped
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup fresh lime juice
- ¼ cup chopped chives
- 2 tablespoons minced cilantro leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (6 servings)
151 calories; 9 grams fat; 1 gram saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 6 grams monounsaturated fat; 1 gram polyunsaturated fat; 7 grams carbohydrates; 0 grams dietary fiber; 2 grams sugars; 9 grams protein; 18 milligrams cholesterol; 687 milligrams sodium
- Slice scallops horizontally 1/2 inch thick. Cover, and refrigerate. In a small bowl, sprinkle tomatoes with salt and refrigerate. Combine red onion, garlic, jalapeno pepper, bell pepper, olive oil and lime juice in a bowl. Refrigerate.
- About an hour before serving, drain liquid off tomatoes and add to onion mixture. Fold in chives and cilantro. Add scallops, and toss. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Allow to marinate about 30 minutes, then serve.