- 1 head Boston lettuce, rinsed and torn
- 3 pounds fresh green peas, shelled
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut up
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (6 servings)
224 calories; 4 grams fat; 2 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 1 gram monounsaturated fat; 0 grams polyunsaturated fat; 34 grams carbohydrates; 11 grams dietary fiber; 13 grams sugars; 12 grams protein; 10 milligrams cholesterol; 117 milligrams sodium
- Spread the lettuce in the bottom of a large pot, add the peas and sugar and dot with butter. Cover the pot and set over medium heat. Cook for 6 to 7 minutes; uncover and test the peas — they should be bright green and tender. (If not, continue to cook, checking every 2 minutes.) Stir; season with salt and pepper.