- ½ cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- ¼ cup whipping cream
- 5 tablespoons cold butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 6- 8-ounce yellowtail snapper, grouper or other snapper fillets
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (2 servings)
620 calories; 40 grams fat; 24 grams saturated fat; 1 gram trans fat; 10 grams monounsaturated fat; 2 grams polyunsaturated fat; 12 grams carbohydrates; 0 grams dietary fiber; 1 gram sugars; 43 grams protein; 182 milligrams cholesterol; 143 milligrams sodium
- For citrus beurre blanc, combine wine and juices in a pan and boil until reduced to 3 tablespoons, about 10 minutes.
- Add cream and simmer to about 1 1/84 cup and slightly thickened, about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and whisk in 4 tablespoons butter. Season with salt and pepper, set aside and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, pour flour in a shallow dish and dip fillets in it to coat. Melt remaining butter in a pan and cook fillets, turning once, till fish flakes easily, about 8 minutes.
- Serve fish over a pool of beurre blanc with fried plantains, steamed fresh green beans and fresh corn.