- Sea salt to taste
- 4 large handfuls haricots verts or green beans, stem ends trimmed
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 to 3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- Coarsely ground black pepper to taste
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (4 servings)
72 calories; 5 grams fat; 3 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 1 gram monounsaturated fat; 0 grams polyunsaturated fat; 4 grams carbohydrates; 1 gram dietary fiber; 2 grams sugars; 1 gram protein; 15 milligrams cholesterol; 143 milligrams sodium
- Fill a pot with water. Season with salt so that you can taste it. Bring to a boil.
- Plunge beans into water. Cook 2 to 3 minutes or until just tender but still quite firm. If you’re using green beans, it will take a minute or so longer. Drain. Return beans to pot. Add butter, stir in 2 tablespoons dill and season with pepper.
- Stir and toss beans in pot over low heat, until butter is melted. Taste a bean and season with salt and more pepper, or dill, if desired.