- About 1 1/2 cups pastry cream (recipe above)
- 1 fully baked 9-inch tart crust, homemade or store-bought
- 2 pints fresh raspberries, blueberries, strawberries or an assortment
- ⅓ cup red currant jelly
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (8 servings)
315 calories; 24 grams fat; 13 grams saturated fat; 7 grams monounsaturated fat; 1 gram polyunsaturated fat; 23 grams carbohydrates; 4 grams dietary fiber; 4 grams sugars; 2 grams protein; 61 milligrams cholesterol; 134 milligrams sodium
- Beat pastry cream with a whisk until it is smooth. Fill crust with enough cream to come almost to edge of rim, and smooth top. Arrange berries in concentric circles over top of tart. If you are using strawberries, cut them in half from top to bottom.
- Bring jelly and 1 tablespoon water to a boil in a microwave oven or over heat. Working with a pastry feather or brush, dab each berry with a spot of jelly. If you would like, you can glaze entire surface of tart, including pastry cream that peeks through berries, although you may need more glaze.